Sunday, August 24, 2014

Memphis, Day Three, Part One

We checked into the Hilton Doubletree the next morning for our final night in Memphis. My mom was able to secure an early check-in.  We then walked over to the Peabody Hotel and our timing was perfect, we were able to watch the ducks cross over into the lobby's fountain. There was a large crowd and it all happened very quickly. We had lunch at the Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar. I love the concept: a sampling of three dishes with a common theme. I chose a seafood flight, with lobster bisque, shrimp and grits, and scallops. My mom had the New Orleans flight which included a light shrimp po boy, the best I've had. It was substantial and delicious. We shared a dessert flight and we were completely satisfied. It was raining on and off that day but it didn't stop us from seeing the Mississippi River after our meal.

No comments: