Monday, December 1, 2014

Reflections

   I am behind on my blogging.  I've been predating the posts, so the text has been a little shorter, the details are from looking back at events that happened months ago.  I'll be filling in the photos and events from July on... but there have been a lot of milestones within our family recently that I want to jot down while it's fresh in my memory...  Within the past few months, Steve broke a 5 minute mile.  Anna made it to the Cross Country Junior Olympics, and she continues to do amazing things for ASB at her junior high.  Sam started ice hockey too, and he just ran his first 5k.  And we got a new puppy, a friend for Shiloh: Shadow.
   My "accomplishments" are not as noteworthy, but I've done a lot this November where I have stepped out of my comfort zone.  Some by choice, some not... Let's see, I had to help present technology info to the staff, I get nervous presenting information to my peers vs. teaching children, the teachers were responsive and it went well... I "won" a school contest where I had to dress as a turkey in front of the school and parents during the Friday Flag Ceremony... I took the kids to an overnight "glamping" trip to Santa Barbara, much as I dislike driving... Finally, I have spent a lot of time with my dad the last couple of weeks while my mom and sister have been in Japan, taking him shopping and making Thanksgiving dinner for him and my family.  I think I would have done all these things 10 years ago, but I have a different mindset now.  Some of these events, a little fear, a little tension involved, but now being in my 40's, it's more about seizing the opportunities, living in the moment and being grateful for the people around me and what life has to offer.
   I look forward to catching up on my blog and staying current with the details.  I can't wait to post photos of all the events mentioned above!

No comments: